Arlington-based Garage Door Repair Services for Residential and Commercial Properties
Mastering Garage Door Spring Repair in Arlington: Best Practices
Life's unexpected events are no stranger to homeowners, and they often seem to happen at the worst possible times. Imagine discovering your car stuck in the garage shortly after a recent garage door repair. That's when Arlington Garage Door Repair steps up, following industry-leading best practices to deliver exceptional advice to homeowners every time we visit a garage. Adhering to these practices ultimately saves time and money, and our top priority is always customer satisfaction.
Best Practice #1 - Swap Out Both Springs
A pair of springs is a standard feature for most garage doors, and they are installed at the same time. When one spring malfunctions, it's often a sign that the other spring's life is almost over. To forestall future troubles, potential threats, and damage to the garage door opener, Arlington Garage Door Repair commonly recommends replacing both springs. As you would replace both of your car's tires if one were to blow out, it's important to protect valuable items like garage doors and vehicles by changing both garage door springs.
Best Practice #2 - Finding the Ideal Springs
Garage doors are available in a variety of weights and sizes, which means that the appropriate springs must be installed to ensure proper door balance. If a technician uses the wrong spring, it can harm yourgarage door system and force the opener to work harder than intended. This could lead to premature opener failure and the need for additional repairs. DIY spring replacement can be equally hazardous for this reason. That's why Arlington Garage Door Repair technicians only install the correct springs for the door's weight and verify their work with a balance test.
Best Practice #3 - Performing a Security Check
Arlington Garage Door Repair carries out a courtesy safety inspection for every spring repair, confirming that all hardware and moving components on your door function as they should and meet safety requirements. It's possible that some worn mechanical parts on your door, installed at the same time as the springs, are now in an unsafe state. A non-functioning spring could be a sign of a more extensive issue with your door. That's why we believe in providing a free safety inspection and upholding a secure environment for our customers as a best practice.
Owing to our diverse range of springs suitable for numerous garage door options, we advise involving an experienced technician in taking exact measurements and providing a reliable cost estimate. Contact Arlington Garage Door Repair at once to secure a proficient technician's opinion and price quote for garage door spring repair.
Comparing Garage Door Openers: Which One is Right for You?
Chain Driven Openers
Frequently used in Arlington, chain drive openers are dependable and operate the garage door on its track by employing a metal chain. These openers are a little less costly than belt drives. However, they are noisy, which can be an issue if your garage is located below or adjacent to your home's main living spaces. Due to the minor savings and the absence of a lifetime warranty provided by LiftMasterÂ® for belt drives, we usually do not recommend chain drive openers.
Screw Driven Openers
Screw driven openers rely on a lifting mechanism that operates on a threaded steel rod, as opposed to a chain or rubber belt. These openers are best suited for locations with consistent weather and temperatures throughout the year. In regions with fluctuating temperatures or weather conditions, a screw driven opener is not advised. Although they are the least expensive option, screw driven openers are also the slowest and noisiest. If you're unhappy with your current opener's noise or speed, a screw driven opener may not be the best choice for your Arlington garage.
Belt Driven Openers
Considered the best type of opener in the industry, belt-driven openers are not only as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. They run on a steel-reinforced belt and are slightly more expensive than chain and screw drive openers. For homeowners in Arlington with garages attached to their homes or surrounded by bedrooms, a belt-driven opener ensures you won't be disturbed by garage door noise. Many customers who choose belt-driven openers are extremely satisfied and can't imagine going back to the noise of a chain opener.
Jackshaft openers are mounted on the wall next to your garage door, connecting to the torsion spring above the door. This type of opener is suitable for those in Arlington with high garage ceilings or anyone looking to free up ceiling space. Though slightly more expensive than ceiling-mounted openers, they provide a unique and space-saving solution.
10 Reasons Why Arlington Garage Door Repair Should Be Your Go-To Choice
- Proven Experience: Boasting a solid track record and a large base of pleased clients, our industry-leading specialists cater to your garage door needs with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Multiple Product and Service Options: Arlington Garage Door Repair boasts a broad assortment of products and services to suit your specific demands. We can cater to everything from custom-made doors to repair and installation services, ensuring the optimal solution for any door or product you require.
- Professionalism and Knowledgeable Staff: Our staff will be knowledgeable and professional. They understand the importance of customer service and ensuring that your experience with them is enjoyable. From answering any questions you have to provide advice on maintaining your door, they can provide the help you need.
- High-Quality Materials: By choosing only the best materials for your garage door, our company ensures it will be both durable and visually appealing. When you invest in a door from our garage door company in Arlington, you can have peace of mind knowing you've made a wise choice.
- Safety: We prioritize the safe and precise installation of your garage door. This means you can trust that the installation and maintenance of your doors and gates comply with the strictest measures, ensuring a safe haven for you and your family.
- Cost Effective Solutions: Arlington Garage Door Repair brings you an assortment of value-driven possibilities for your overhead door requirements. Explore a solution that accommodates your budget, ranging from installation services and repairs to customized designs.
- Expedited Support: When dealing with overhead door repairs or installations, time matters. A reputable Arlington firm will ensure your needs are handled swiftly and proficiently.
- Quality Guarantee: We provide a quality guarantee for our services and products, ensuring that any garage door repairs or installations are completed to the highest standards. This gives you peace of mind knowing that your investment is safe.
- Comprehensive Door Warranty: We provide a comprehensive warranty coverage that safeguards your door investment against any malfunction or accidental damage, giving you peace of mind.
- Customer Satisfaction First: At Arlington Garage Door Repair, we prioritize customer satisfaction above all else. Our team works tirelessly to ensure you're delighted with our products and services, and we go above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
The Garage Door Issues We Come Across Frequently
Broken Springs: The tension in garage door springs means they're prone to breaking. Checking their condition is essential when troubleshooting issues with your garage door.
Worn-out rollers: The garage door rollers can become worn out over time, leading to a noisy or stuck door. Proper maintenance and replacement can keep your door working correctly.
Damaged Panels Repair: If the panels on your garage door become damaged from weather or normal wear and tear, or a hit by a vehicle or a heavy object, our team can help with prompt and professional repair services.
Misaligned tracks: Troubleshooting misaligned tracks is essential when your garage door is stuck. Check the tracks to ensure that they're in the proper position.
Faulty Opener: If you suspect a problem with your garage door opener, it's best to seek professional assistance for troubleshooting and repair.
Safety Sensor: If the safety sensor isn't functioning correctly, your garage door won't close. Regular maintenance and attention to the sensor's alignment can prevent this issue.
Repairing the Most Common Overhead Door IssuesPests: Wooden gates may also be vulnerable to pests, such as termites and carpenter bees. It is important to regularly inspect them for signs of infestation.
Hinges: Your gate may be difficult to open or close due to misaligned or damaged hinges. Luckily, this is usually a simple fix for a professional to address.
Fading: The gate's color may fade due to weather conditions or prolonged exposure to the sun. To maintain the new look of your garage door, you may need to repaint it every few years.
Installation: Inadequate installation of a garage door can lead to significant problems. The door can be hazardous and unstable, necessitating prompt repairs.
Rusting: Rusting is a frequent issue that arises due to exposure to moisture or humidity. Especially if you live in a humid location, it's essential to inspect your overhead door for any rust indications.
Rotting: Wooden gates may rot over time if they are not treated or sealed appropriately, which can lead to weakness and eventual collapse.
Frames: A damaged or bent frame on an overhead door can compromise the entire structure's stability, which poses a significant safety risk. It's crucial to repair or replace the damaged frame as soon as possible.
Rollers: Maintaining functional rollers is essential for your gate's seamless operation. However, if they become damaged or worn out, the gate may not open and close correctly. Luckily, replacing the rollers is usually a straightforward fix.
Sagging: Wooden doors are prone to sagging, mostly due to their weight. To prevent this, use more robust hardware and ensure the posts are securely fixed.
Warping: Misshapen overhead doors are often caused by extreme weather conditions. Exposure to hot or cold temperatures can cause the door to warp.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Arlington Garage Door
Although replacing your garage doors may seem like an obvious choice from a sales perspective, there are other compelling reasons for Arlington residents to consider. Here are just a few:
Safety & Security First
The majority of home invasions in Arlington occur via garage doors. Are you confident that your current garage door is resistant to tampering by malevolent intruders? Furthermore, if your garage door is not current, you may not benefit from the newest safety features, such as automatic reversal that raises the door when it detects an object.
Augment Your Home's Curb Appeal
Your garage doors take up a significant portion of your home's facade. Enhancing them in Arlington can have a substantial impact on your home's curb appeal at a low price.
Muffle Garage Door Sound
The sound of overhead doors opening and closing can be a source of annoyance, especially for those residing in rooms near or above the garage. Arlington Garage Door Repair offers ultra-quiet hinges for a noise-free and seamless opening and closing experience.
Home Energy Savings
The garage door's daily opening and closing makes it the most inefficient room from an energy perspective. Replacing it with insulated overhead doors can lead to much lower energy bills for Arlington, WA homeowners.
What Our Arlington, WA Customers Frequently Ask Us
Would it be more beneficial to hire a professional for my new garage door installation?
Garage door installation is a highly technical process that shouldn't be attempted as a DIY project. The size and complexity of a garage door, along with its many small parts, make it the largest moving item in your home. Connecting the springs can be especially hazardous, and the proper installation is key to the door's functionality. Professional garage door installers can finish the job quickly and safely. In contrast, most homeowners will likely take much longer and experience frustration. Additionally, an incorrect installation may void some warranties, so we advise having a professional complete the job. They can also dispose of your old door if you're replacing it.
If your garage is not insulated, would an insulated door be a good choice?
Insulated doors for large garage door openings can prevent the transfer of heat or cold air, which is important because:
- Temperature regulation in the room above the garage is achieved with the help of insulated doors when the garage is below another room.
- Comfort matters greatly when your garage doubles as a workshop.
- Insulated doors help prevent garage air from seeping into your living area.
- Insulated doors have the advantage of being quieter and featuring a more attractive interior than non-insulated doors.
Factors to consider when choosing between steel and wood garage doors?
For those seeking low-maintenance options, steel doors are often preferable to wood. Arlington Garage Door Repair's steel doors come with a pre-painted, baked-on coating. It's recommended to clean the exterior with a common household detergent and warm water once a year. Our wood doors come unfinished and need to be primed and painted or stained on all six sides upon delivery. We suggest a yearly visual inspection of the finish to check if another finish application is required.
Can a sectional garage door be retrofitted to replace my one-piece garage door?
Your professional garage door dealer/installer can install a sectional door by fitting track and springs to accommodate the door. Depending on your garage's construction, other modifications may be necessary. To ensure all required adjustments are made, it's best to have your Arlington, WA dealer evaluate the job before installation.
Is it safe to paint a newly installed garage door?
Our steel doors are pre-painted with a factory-applied baked-on coating that is designed to be repainted. Arlington Garage Door Repair accepts various types of latex exterior paints available commercially, but it is recommended not to use oil-based paints.